A support program for children suffering from the Infantile Cerebral Paralysis
ICP Program is a systematic support for families raising children who suffer from the ICP (infantile cerebral paralysis). Very often such children on the date of establishing diagnosis already have a serious degree of disability, but systematic diversified rehabilitation allows many children improving their state of health by 60-80%, and in some cases it even helps to get rid of the disability features. Some children who were born with the ICP in case of a timely assistance for a family may study at ordinary schools like healthy peers.
In cases when brain affection is too hard and recovery is impossible, competent rehabilitation is also makes sense – it helps to relieve state of a child suffering in his or her diseased body: to relax tight muscles, to improve sleeping, to learn how to express yourself and to perceive the outside world on a level accessible to such child. It is also possible to do a lot to make it easier for the relatives in taking care of such child. All this is important to make a family where an ailing child lives looked like a life not a hell.
Moreover, they both need help in learning how to be maximally independent at those physical and psychological possibilities currently available as of today and to learn to communicate with the outside world, to express own thoughts, wishes and feelings; they need friends, companionship, attention, time spent together. Because life is not a beautiful tomorrow, where they will be healthy, life lusts today, now.
Thus, we help children diagnosed with the ICP groups towards two main directions:
- Socialization. We chose friends-volunteers, who would visit children, talk to them, play, go outside, take to various events, helped in school subjects and would help to develop a child’s hobby. If you are willing to become such a friend-volunteer, please, write to email@example.com
- Physical rehabilitation. We raise the finances to cover the following needs (according to the individual plans of rehabilitation).
- - Courses of physical rehabilitation at specialized centers. The cost per 1 treatment course makes up Є240 or $270
- - Animal-assisted therapy (special courses with horses (the cost per 1 treatment course makes up Є135 or $155;
- - Surgery according to the Ulzibat method Є730 or $830;
- - Special wheel-chairs, adapted for children diagnosed with the ICP groups (the cost makes up Є250-750 or $285-850)
- - Home exercise machine Є135 or $155;
Participation of the families with children suffering from the ICP in the Foundation Program obliges them to submit reports under the rules established.
You can support “ICP” programme via bank details of the fund
in PJSC “PUMB” in Kyiv city:
(account functions in UAH, USD and EUR):
USREOU code 38662944
Recipient: CF “Open hands”
Payment destination: voluntary donation for programme “Palliative”
PayPal firstname.lastname@example.org (Payment destination: donation for CF Open Palms, programme “ICP” )